Whether you’re planning for product photography or portraits, the backdrops will have a significant impact on your image. If you don’t use a backdrop, the background will become cluttered. This will distract the viewers and draw attention from the primary subject. Additionally, if you’re trying to capture great product photos to generate sales, the irrelevant background won’t help you with your promotional options.
Choosing the perfect backdrop might seem like an easy task. However, there are various materials, colors, and sizes available for the backdrops that might make the purchasing process much more complicated. Here is everything you need to know about the photography backdrops.
The Size Options for the Backdrops
You need to consider some essential things while choosing the size for your photography custom backdrop, including the size of your subject as well as the size of the studio. The subject needs to be placed at least 3 feet away from the backdrop so that they don’t cause any shadow or lighting problems. This way you capture effective and high-quality images without facing glare problems. Here are some width and length restrictions of common backdrops.
- 5 Feet x 7 Feet Backdrop: This type of backdrop is perfect for headshots as well as portrait images. These backdrops are not only easy to manage, but they also require minimal space for installation. These backdrops are perfect for events where the photographers need to work in a small studio or a busy place.
- 5 Feet x 12 Feet Backdrop: This type of backdrop will help you a lot if you’re planning to capture objects. Additionally, you can also capture full-body images with these backdrops as their size is relevant as per the normal size of both men and women.
- 9 Feet x 10 Feet Backdrop: These backdrops are used in most professional studios. This is because these backdrops are extremely effective for shooting full-length pictures of the subjects. You can also shoot bigger products with these backdrops.
- 9 Feet x 20 Feet Backdrop: With the help of these backdrops, you can cover any type of product or portrait photography. As per Photofocus, portrait photos are great for personal branding. This is why these backdrops are relatively more expensive than the others. If you’re trying to capture family photos, the4se backdrops will help you a lot.
Backdrop Color Options
Choosing the colors for your backdrops is undoubtedly one of the most overwhelming tasks. As the backdrops are available in multiple colors, you might face problems. In this case, you need to consider the purpose of using the backdrops as well as the subjects. Here are some options to choose the proper style for backdrops:
- Solid Color Backdrops: Solid color backdrops are extremely effective for neat headshots. They will also help you add dimension to your photos. However, keep in mind that solid colors backdrops might not prove effective for product photography.
- White Seamless Backdrops: White backdrops are effective for easy headshots or portraits, product photography, and stock photos. The portrait photos taken with the white seamless backdrops will undoubtedly look more professional.
This is everything you need to know about the backdrops. If you have any questions, comment below. Do you want to purchase high-quality backdrops? Make sure you contact us.